[Ham-80211] Application idea for high speed amateur networking

Brian Webster bwebster at wirelessmapping.com
Thu Sep 29 21:49:02 UTC 2011

If I were to do a ham mesh network I would use Ubiquiti cards in a microtik box set to the international code which would put them in the ham allocation for 3.5 GHz. This would be legal and would keep the network off the same spectrum WISP’s are using thus greatly reducing the interference potential and/or reducing the ability for the WISP’s to operate their business. Just put your call sign in the SSID operate in the 802.11 spec and not any proprietary protocol, everything should be legal.

Thank You,

Brian Webster N2KGC

www.wirelessmapping.com

www.Broadband-Mapping.com