[Ham-80211] Providing Long-range Wifi

Jim Tarvid tarvid at ls.net
Tue Aug 28 14:16:16 UTC 2012

Struggling with a 14km link myself. I have a shot down a valley which
almost works (or works much of the time). Using a 39" parabolic with a
Mikrotik Groove. Suspect multipath issues and a few trees in the fresnel
zone. Getting closer on identifying the trees. Switching polarity may help.

On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 9:39 AM, Perry - K4PWO <k4pwo at comcast.net> wrote:

> Good question!  That's getting pretty murky and it'll take a higher pay
> grade to answer.  HI!
> My "gut" impression is its probably legal but it's hard to say as you get
> into the "supervised" question (like a 3rd party using your mike, you have
> to still be in control).
>
> Perry - K4PWO

Kindness Works!
Rev. Jim Tarvid, PCA
12897A Grays Pointe Road, Fairfax, Va 22033
703-594-7297 Google Voice
703-657-0099 Condo
38.8778239, -77.392696
http://ls.net