[Ham-80211] Providing Long-range Wifi

Robert Dixon w8erdbob at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 14:51:14 UTC 2012

Christian - Thanks for the good comments.  Having the capability for an intermediate relay point is a good technique to have in our bag of tricks.

The Ubiquity Bullet sounds wonderful, as it would allow operation just below the wifi band, hence avoiding all the QRM mentioned by others, yet still allowing use of inexpensive wifi antennas.  I see they are for sale new on ebay, including both USA and export models.  Presumably one would buy an export model, so it would go outside the wifi band?  Is the included firmware all one needs, and does it operate thru the ethernet cable to the PC?  Or is separate PC software needed?  I looked at the Ubiquity web site but didn't find it completely clear.

Bob W8ERD