[Ham-80211] Providing Long-range Wifi

Chriswlan2 chriswlan2 at linnixislands.com
Tue Aug 28 18:13:40 UTC 2012

Hi Jim:

Like I said, if the obstruction is quite close to your antenna, then, relatively speaking it occupies a much much bigger percent of the Fresnel, which is so much smaller close-in, and then it takes very little... If an option, moving the antenna just a few feet (even up/down) might help.

I constantly use a little GPS, as accurately as I can, set up with a "route" between the 2 end points, and then walk it, watching how "left/right" I am. No easy for the GPS, as we are in obstructions to begin with. I even set up some quick markers on the ground, in clear GPS spots, so I can visually look back into the trees... We are talking feet here.

Christian