[Ham-80211] (fwd) First Doodle Labs report

Jim Tarvid tarvid at ls.net
Thu Feb 9 01:19:19 UTC 2012

The problem with FCC law is that it is administrative and you don't
really know if something is unlawful until some poor fellow has been
busted. My hunch is that no one has been cited for failure to
authenticate who entered his call sign as the SSID. Can anyone provide
counter examples?

As for content, if any member of a darknet has an Internet connection,
it is possible that some other member of the darknet could request
"commercial content". Filtering would be infeasible. So again, would
any more scrutiny be required than that of a repeater operator who
permits users of his repeater to send a commercial message?

I can read the regulations as well as most people, so actual citations
are desired.

Jim