[linux] IP routing...???

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Thu Jul 29 20:50:04 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jul 29, 2004 at 02:24:32PM -0500, larry wrote:
> I am in need of some help with my static IP, using JNOS & Debian Linux...
>
> I have slip compiled in, and have been working on the autoexec.nos &
> rc.local scripts, but I can not for the life of me get it too connect to
> the outside world...
>
> Are there any IP Guru's out there that have made it work correctly...???
>
> I'd like to hear back from anyone on this...

Do you have one or two IPs?  With two it is pretty easy, following the
JNOS documentation.  With one, it is a bit more work, particularly if
you are setting up a gateway (and I haven't seen it documented
anywhere).  I haven't done that myself, but there are some folks who
have (I don't know if they are on this list, however).

Bob, N7XY