[linux] Take a Stand

dubose at texas.net dubose at texas.net
Wed Oct 6 20:39:55 UTC 2004

I think that TAPR is a perfect organization to take a couple of stands in
Amateur Radio.

First I think that someone, and it might as well be TAPR, should make it
perfectly clear that the computer is a perfectly good and useful tool in the
amateur radio tool kit...the computer today in amateur radio is as am important
tool as the "bug" was to CW and amateur radio prior to WWII.

Second, I believe that TAPR is the perfect promoter of open source operating
systems and amateur radio applications.  Unless more hams start using computers
and "hacking" code, equivalent to hacking WWII surplus radio equipment, we will
get lost in the technological expressway.

Last, I think its important for someone to look at using IPv6 for amateur radio
use since so much of our data communications as well as VoIP can and should use
IP addresses.

Just a few thoughts from those I put forth at the DCC and I am putting them
in "print" now.

73 and GUD DX.

Walt/K5YFW