[linux] RE: Take a Stand

Walt DuBose dubose at texas.net
Fri Oct 8 17:32:05 UTC 2004

Darryl and all,

A group of pig thinks humans smell bad.

I believe that everyone in TAPR and many other hams know that
TAPR believes that computers and open source are part of the TAPR
banner...however, probably most hams only think of TAPR as the
folks who brought "packet" to thye attention of hams or in many
cases REALLY don't know what TAPR stands for or believes.

For this reason, I belive that TAPR should make every effort to
publically and openly state that it believes that computers and
related hardware and software are TODAY a most important part of
amateur radio.

The same would apply to open source software and "programming" or
at lease "hacking" code.

The things that are obvious to us (TAPR) just might not be
obvious to the majority of the amateur radio community...I don't
think we should make the assumption that everyone know what
TAPR's position is on the place of computers is in amateur radio
communications nor that we in fact are suporters of open source
software.  The fact is that most hams don't even know what open
source software is.

BTW, it was a great pleasure meeting you at the DCC.

73,

Walt/K5YFW