[linux] RE: Take a Stand

Jeff King jeff at aerodata.net
Sat Oct 9 01:35:15 UTC 2004

Kinda tells ya something there....

We have 10's of thousands of 44 ampr net addresses we are not using...and my
guess 95% of the assigned ones are currently unused.

Now, there might be good reasons to get a IPv6 block, but at this point in
time it most certainly has little to do with hams actually running tcp/ip
over radio. And I'm not even sure there is a need for this, as from a routing
perspective, it sure doesn't make any sense, assuming you still linked into
the internet proper.