[linux] RE: Take a Stand

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Sat Oct 9 05:22:57 UTC 2004

It also, by virtue of the mobility piece, allows us to connect all those
little networks to the internet... cleanly.  That's something we never
achieved really with Net44, because Net44's a Class A space and those
expect a single point of entry.  Folks who've subverted the process and
advertised their little piece of Net44, and then thought they did pretty
well by it, tended to confuse the internet routers out there obeying the
rules.

With an IPv6 allocation, we can operate within the rules and still keep
connectivity.  Further, if we roam, and register with another network,
and draw another prefix, the roaming station tells his home system what
his new address is, and then, when the home system sees a packet for the
roaming system, it's redirected, and automatically readdressed to the
correct, current registered address.  Seamlessly.

gerry