[linux] Soundmodem on SuSE 9.0 Questions

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Feb 18 21:46:33 UTC 2006

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 kenfisher at icehouse.net wrote:

> I'm trying to get a Soundblaster pci card working under SuSE 9.0.
> It all works under Windows XP Pro, but on the linux side I can't seem to get
> the soundcard configured.  I've read AX25 How To, and quite a bit more, but
> I'm just blind to the answers.
> Is anyone out there using SuSE 9.0 with a soundcard for a soundmodem?

I'm not currently doing so, but have in the past.  I'm running SuSE
9.1 on this machine.

Sometimes I have to fight a bit to get a soundcard working.  It was
so long ago that I can't remember the details of what I had to do to
get it going on 9.1 here, but when I last shut it down it was
working.

Perhaps I can help answer questions by looking at my system
configuration so you have something to compare it with.

I'm using a KISS TNC directly from a serial port that Xastir is
using, not even using AX.25 kernel networking at the moment.  The
original configs for the soundcard interface are still in place
though.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer