[linux] Soundmodem on SuSE 9.0 Questions

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Sat Feb 18 21:46:33 UTC 2006

On Sat, 18 Feb 2006 kenfisher at icehouse.net wrote:

> I'm trying to get a Soundblaster pci card working under SuSE 9.0.
> It all works under Windows XP Pro, but on the linux side I can't seem to get
> the soundcard configured.  I've read AX25 How To, and quite a bit more, but
> I'm just blind to the answers.
> Is anyone out there using SuSE 9.0 with a soundcard for a soundmodem?

I'm not currently doing so, but have in the past.  I'm running SuSE
9.1 on this machine.

Sometimes I have to fight a bit to get a soundcard working.  It was
so long ago that I can't remember the details of what I had to do to
get it going on 9.1 here, but when I last shut it down it was

Perhaps I can help answer questions by looking at my system
configuration so you have something to compare it with.

I'm using a KISS TNC directly from a serial port that Xastir is
using, not even using AX.25 kernel networking at the moment.  The
original configs for the soundcard interface are still in place

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com