[linux] Quiet Linux List

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Tue Aug 14 13:09:29 UTC 2007

One reason I can envision is to facilitate a callbook lookup and map the
contacts.  Where was that ZS3 from?  I just don't recall.

I'm thinking (because it's what I almost always use) PostgreSQL+PostGIS
with an https front-end and password protection so someone else couldn't
change my log!

Haven't done it but it sounds easy enough.  A PostGIS install isn't real
heavy-weight until you hit a couple of million records... say 25M... and
then you might notice it.

gerry