[linux] Quiet Linux List

Brendan Minish ei6iz.brendan at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 14:17:24 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-08-14 at 07:44 -0400, Stephen - K1LNX wrote:

> So here's a question to stir things up a bit, anyone know of a SQL based logging system?

Yes, it's quite early days but nice all the same for a few reasons,
personally I particularly like the fact that it runs in a terminal which
allows me to shell in over GPRS on my smartphone to log whilst I am out
and about

I do wish though that the open source log authors would start to lay the
ground work for a standard for the mysql database layout, that way
multiple packages could all use the same back end database without need
to to do file format conversions.

YFKlog can be found at
http://fkurz.net/ham/yfklog.html

the author Fabian DJ1YFK can be found on IRC
freenode #hamradio

He welcomes suggestions and support and has written a few other nice
programs