[linux] Quiet Linux List

Eric S. Johansson esj at harvee.org
Wed Aug 15 00:08:52 UTC 2007

Curt, WE7U wrote:
> I've done a few things in RubyOnRails feeding a PostgreSQL database.
> The nice thing here is that the Rails framework can hide a lot of
> the SQL and database stuff from you letting you concentrate on
> getting the job done.

I've heard lots of nice things about Ruby but I'm strictly a Python person right
now.  Short story is I have some form of damage in my hands from typing, I must
use speech recognition, and Python is the closest match between English text and
what I need for code.  so, I'm limited in a bunch of ways.  It's  also one of
the reasons why I'm constantly on the lookout for people willing to help out
with the voice coder project currently housed by some friends to the north (nrc-it).

--- eric
--
Speech-recognition in use.  It makes mistakes, I correct some.