[linux] Quiet Linux List

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Aug 15 14:42:11 UTC 2007

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, Eric S. Johansson wrote:

> I've heard lots of nice things about Ruby but I'm strictly a Python person right
> now.  Short story is I have some form of damage in my hands from typing, I must
> use speech recognition, and Python is the closest match between English text and
> what I need for code.  so, I'm limited in a bunch of ways.  It's  also one of
> the reasons why I'm constantly on the lookout for people willing to help out
> with the voice coder project currently housed by some friends to the north (nrc-it).

Roger.  No problem.  I'm no Ruby expert, but have used it at work
just a bit.  I currently avoid Python due to the strict spacing for
formatting which just bugs me.  I think I've had to only hack on one
or two Python scripts so far.  Stick with what you know and what
works.

BTW:  There are Rails-type frameworks for many languages as well, so
you can get the advantages of Rails without having to switch to
Ruby.