[linux] newbie looking for help

Neville A. Cross neville at guegue.com.ni
Tue Sep 25 02:45:27 UTC 2007

Hello,

My name is Neville and my callsing is YN1V.

I would like some help on setup a computer with linux to run a AX25
software like FBB and APRS. I have llok the ax25-how-to and found that
is outdated. it said about compiling the kernel and I have installed the
AX25 applications from the sinaptic packeage manager. I am running
ubuntu 7.04

I am not sure how to move on. I would like some help on how to configure
the TNC ports, the callsing and IPs. What things are important to setup
before going for other software like FBB and Igate.

Thanks in advance

Neville A. Cross
neville at guegue.com.ni
yn1v at arrl.net