[linux] Help with JNOS2 and tun configuration

Chris kc2rgw at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 23:06:52 UTC 2008

I got JNOS2 compiled and installed but I can't seem to get mail
working and my connectivity for ping etc is not working either.

My local network is 172.19.1.0/24

the default gateway is 172.19.1.1

The following is from my autoexec.nos file

attach tun tun0 1500 0
#
ifconfig tun0 ipaddress 192.168.2.3
ifconfig tun0 netmask 255.255.255.0
ifconfig tun0 mtu 1500
#
# Give it a chance to come up
#
pause 1
# JNOS creates the TUN device, so JNOS needs to do some post configuration,
# by shelling out to the linux command line and running 'ifconfig' command.
#
shell ifconfig tun0 192.168.2.1 pointopoint 192.168.2.2 mtu 1500 up

I truncated all of the file, but there are no other network related
commands in it

What stupid mistake have I made here?

Any help is appreciated