[time-freq] Reflock Manual Update

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Fri Nov 4 16:03:01 UTC 2005

> I take it that I can't use my Xilinx JTAG programming cable?  I have the
> Xilinx Parallel Cable IV.

Correct.  Atmel is the only company I know of whose products will
program with a competitor's cable, in their case you can use some (but
not all) of the Altera ByteBlaster cables.  But Altera software doesn't
recognize Xilinx, and vice-versa.

However, you can *try* to use the Xilinx cable.  Xilinx published the
schematics of their parallel cable series and so did Altera, so maybe
there is a way to connect one so that it will work with either system.

If you sort this out, please report back to the group. I am sure there
are others who are in the same position.

73,

Lyle KK7P