[time-freq] Reflock II observations

Steven Bible n7hpr at tapr.org
Sun Nov 20 20:11:01 UTC 2005

Hi Bobby,

Email me privately your mailing address and I'll send you a ByteBlasterMV
Clone kit that I am working on.  I am attaching the schematic and PCB layout
for all to see and comment.  I am trying to keep it simple and inexpensive.

There's two ways to connect this with the Reflock, 1) with a 10-pin
connector on the bottom of the clone PCB, or 2) with a small length of
ribbon cable with IDC connectors at both ends.

I wanted the kit to be 1) as it is the simplest and cheapest.  The down side
(me thinks) is the stress on the connector when plugged into the Reflock II.
This may not be a problem for most people because they will be programming
their Reflocks and unplugging the clone board.  I am concerned for those
that would like to do development work and leave the clone board plugged in.
Then the 2) idea is better.

Comments and ideas are welcome.

73,

- Steve, N7HPR