[time-freq] A few clues

Steven Bible n7hpr at tapr.org
Mon Nov 21 03:45:56 UTC 2005

Hi Bobby,

Very good points.  In fact I was also coming from the Reflock I knowledge
base.

The design of the Reflock II is that it is one piece of hardware that has a
lot of flexibility depending on the programming of the CPLD.  What I have
been trying to document in the assembly/operations guide is this fact, and
it's not easy :-).  I think the best approach is to document the hardware
first.  Then document individually the various configurations.  For example,
if you want to do 1 PPS GPS, then do the following.  If you want to do a
reference lock, do this.

As you have learned, the *.pin file tells the the signal to CPLD pin number,
regardless of the schematic naming.  Trust in the *.pin file.

As we learn more, we can do a redesign of the Reflock II and make it easier
to set up and configure.  This is a bit of a learning process for us as
well.  Welcome to the bleeding edge! :-)

73,

- Steve, N7HPR
 (n7hpr at tapr.org)