[time-freq] State of manuals for RefLock II?

Steven Bible n7hpr at tapr.org
Sun Apr 30 21:39:20 UTC 2006

Hi Chris,

You are right, save the 0-ohm resitors (jumpers) for last.  The ones you
will populate depend on the application you choose.  Luis has documented the
jumpers in the text files that come with the configuration files on his web
site:

http://gref.cfn.ist.utl.pt/cupido/reflock.html

There are the jumpers of the N and R registers (which really generic jumpers
now).  Also, note that you will need a jumper in the choice of the phase
detector output (JP3, JP4, or JP5).

Start with the the lowest profile parts first.  That will be the resitors
and caps.  The parts sheet make it easy to go one value at a time.  Mark off
the designator as you populate the parts.  If you need help in knowing where
the part goes, take a look at the assembly file on Luis' web site.  It has a
magnified view of the silkscreen.  You can double check with the schematic.

All the parts should solder onto the board in a straight forward manner.

I trust you have done surface mount parts before?  I use a magnifying glass
for most parts.  But the CPLD I soldered down under a stereo microscope.
All the remaning parts can be done under a lighted magnifying glass.

If you have any questions, please ask on the list.  We'll jump in to help
you.

73,

- Steve, N7HPR
 (n7hpr at tapr.org)