[time-freq] TADD Cabinet Question

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Wed Aug 23 20:55:47 UTC 2006

Hi Stan --

The power jack is 3/8 inch (9.52mm) and should fit a Switchcraft 760
series coaxial power connector.  See page 309 of the Digikey catalog,
particularly the devices that match figure 9.  The hole probably should
have been punched a tad larger as it's pretty much exactly the size of
the connector bushing, but with some wiggling and/or a tiny bit of
filing, it should fit.  On the next run, we'll see if we can enlarge the
hole to fit the Radio Shack connectors; one problem is that we're trying
to keep as much clearance above the board as we can, so the smaller
connector body is helpful.

The two DB-9 cutouts are intended for the TADD-3, which can provide
RS-232 level PPS outputs.

----