[time-freq] 1pps/10MHz discipline

Luis Cupido cupido at mail.ua.pt
Mon Aug 28 12:22:57 UTC 2006

Hi Rick,

> Can anyone tell me how the reflock II 1pps control of a 10 MHz OCXO
> compares to the Brooks Shera controller with regard to quality of the
> discipline?

For the same amount of integration time they should be similar.
I did not however performed any live comparison.

> Does the simple EFC generator on the reflock work as well as the pic
> controlled filter and dac with a proper. low jitter timing receiver?

The lower resolution on the reflockII PWM-DAC would not be a
limitation since the long integration time is done in an analog filter
between the reflock board and the OVCXO.
So, if you desire long integration times both should perform similar
one in the digital domain and another in the analog domain.
However integration times like 1 hour are certainly easier in the digital
domain, while a few minutes are much simpler in the analog domain.

You have all time-lag data available at the spi interface, so you can come
up with
your own digital filter (pic based or else) and connect it there.

> Can I use my standard Altera USB Blaster to program the fpga on the
> board?

Yes.

> Is the source code for the board available?

No(not yet), I have sold it for a commercial application
but I retained the rights to for amateur purposes (object code only).
However if you require specific changes I be glad to do them for you.

Luis Cupido
CT1DMK.