[time-freq] general reflock II questions

Luis Cupido cupido at mail.ua.pt
Mon Aug 28 12:29:40 UTC 2006

John,

> 1) Do I need anything special to use it with a OCXO vs VCXO.

No, as long as it is voltage controlled.
that is an OVCXO.

> 2) The only connection to the GPS is the 1PPS signal, correct?

Yes,

> 3) I'm assuming you program it over the jtag connector?

Yes

>      3a) What do I need to program it

The software from altera web site, it is free.
Register, download and install.
The simplest interface is the byteblaster, many available
on ebay, I think also from TAPR or make your own
it is a simple project. (info on altera web site or
on VE1ALQ web site... and other places on the web)

>      3b) Looking at the config files I assume I use the
> r2_enhpps_30_1 files, correct?

Yes.

Good luck,

Luis Cupido