[time-freq] RefLock II behavior

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at comcast.net
Wed Jun 21 01:48:29 UTC 2006

Mike:

Could you provide a little more description of your set up?  What is
your reference,  what is the tuning range on your VCO in frequency and
voltage?

 I can lock my oscillators using 1pps GPS or 10 MHz rubidium sing
modified Reflock I and it will NEVER be that far off.  What you are see
is 0.15 ppm.  That is really messed up.   You should be seeing one part
in 10^10 at least from GPS (say).  My PTS-160 synthesizer locked to this
source is extremely stable.

Bob

Owen, Michael wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> Thanks to Steve Bible, I got my brain un-stuck and figured out how to
> set the 0-ohm jumpers (I'll summarize everything in a couple of days
> when it's all finished and my shame has faded).
>
> For right now, I have a question.  RefLock plus my pretty good OCXO
> are trying to settle at 100 MHz but there are sharp spikes every few
> minutes.  Here's an image:

-pix-snip-