[time-freq] Re: Frequency Standards - Which to believe?

Alberto I2PHD i2phd at weaksignals.com
Thu Jun 22 15:30:16 UTC 2006

 > Also, assuming there is in fact a difference, this gives rise to several
 > other questions:
 > a)    what part of the physics do I not understand?

Essentially the C-field. You can tweak the frequency of your Rubidium standard by changing the magnitude of a magnetic
field into which the Rb tube is immersed. Find the trimmer, knob, whatever that in your unit adjust the C-field and use
it to put your standard in complete agreement with the Z3801A, whose frequency is derived by several Cs standards which
are continuously monitored and adjusted by the US military organization.

73  Alberto  I2PHD