[time-freq] RefLock II configuration

Owen, Michael Michael.Owen at Sensis.com
Thu Mar 16 19:35:32 UTC 2006

Luis -

OK, now it makes more sense.  Thank you for the explanation.

73,
W9IP

	-----Original Message-----
	From: time-freq-bounces at lists.tapr.org
[mailto:time-freq-bounces at lists.tapr.org] On Behalf Of Luis Cupido
	Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 2:33 PM
	To: TAPR time and frequency projects
	Subject: Re: [time-freq] RefLock II configuration

	Michael,

	f_conf sets the lock points, and lock points are multiples of
the
	values in the table. As you know your frequency you should be
abble to determine
	which submultiple fits better, just that.
	So the lock point is for you to decide if you want and can lock
to that specific multiple.

	(I agree that with such sintetic information as on the txt file
it is not evident to configure
	nevertheless the minimum necessary is there. I'll can upgrade
them with whatever
	makes it more easy to understand, if you have any sugestion just
let me know).

	Lets present a few examples with random values:

	For 101.335 000 = xxx.xx5 000 (or xxx.xx0 000)
	one can lock at 5 or 2.5 or 1.25 or 1 KHz all will work

	For 106.522 500 = xxx.xx2 500 (or xxx.xx7 500)
	only 2.5 and 1.25 KHz can be used.

	For 106.522 000 = xxx.xxx 000 only 1KHz can be used

	For 105.531 250 = xxx.xx1 250 (or xxx.xx3 750, or xxx.xx6 250,
or xxx.xx8 750)
	only 1.25Khz can be used.

	Note that to better understand the way it locks, imagine that
the
	reflock only looks at the least significant digits of the
frequency.
	When set to 5KHz lock point as far as the reflock is concerned,
	all of the frequencies 102.330 or 99.880 or 180.665 or 47.495 or
42.22 etc
	are equal it will lock them 5KHz digit downwards, other digits
don't care.
	The same for all other lock points.

	Since the lock capture range is the same as the lock point
	we should always use the highest value possible so to have the
	widest lock range (if the tuning range of the VCXO is very
	small this is irrelevant). (Phase noise wise 1KHz is the best).

	Hope this helps.

	Luis Cupido,
	CT1DMK.