[time-freq] Analog TVRO & color burst

Owen, Michael Michael.Owen at Sensis.com
Fri Mar 17 16:11:12 UTC 2006

Friends,

Does anyone on the list know about stability of the color burst
frequency in analog TVRO signals?  A local TV station's engineer tells
me that it is good to a few nanoseconds per day.  I'm looking for
corroboration before heading out on a goose chase.

I already know that terrestrial signals aren't reliable because local TV
stations generate their own color burst signal from who-knows-what time
base.  I'm wondering about the quality of network feeds through
geostationary satellites.

I'm asking on this forum because REFLOCK II might be a good way to lock
an OCXO to the color burst.

73,
W9IP