[time-freq] Analog TVRO & color burst

Gene Hysner gene at hysner.name
Fri Mar 17 19:42:50 UTC 2006

Here's the URL related to you statement about
NIST.http://tf.nist.gov/general/pdf/1305.pdf. They don't actually send any
time signal to the TV network. What they do is monitor the network color
burst signal and publish drift data for it. Most calibration services are
using GPS now instead of the network color burst.
I'm no authority on time. I just remembered that factoid from a publication
of theirs back in the 70s.