[time-freq] Handling 0603 parts

Christopher T. Day CTDay at lbl.gov
Wed May 3 06:26:01 UTC 2006

Steve, et al.,

Ahhhh. Much better. I got a very sharp-tipped, soft spring action pair
of tweezers at a local boutique cosmetic shop - Rostfrie [Stainless, I
presume] Solingen [no idea] Germany "nippes" 729. Straight, not curved,
but it's what I could find - big help number one. Use flux in tiny
amounts - big help number two. Steve's web page on resistor soldering -
big helps three and four, in particular, the tiny amount of presolder on
the pads and the dual iron technique. The latter _very_ useful and
nowhere near as awkward as I'd expected. I've made it though the first
parts sheet - sans the 0 ohm jumpers - without any additional losses and
in good time. I even recovered one of my "lost" 1K ohm resistors; it was
using the murder mystery trick of hiding in plain sight on the circuit
board.

The flux is not organic water-based, as far as I can tell - Kester
Flux-Pen, same as in Steve's soldering page photo. Presumably I swish
the board around in some isopropyl alcohol when I'm finished?

	Chris - AE6VK