[time-freq] Handling 0603 parts

Steven Bible srbible at earthlink.net
Wed May 3 16:24:42 UTC 2006

Hi Chris,

Glad to hear things are working well for you.  I hope that your experience encourages others to embark on surface mount soldering.  It is fun.  You will find that you won't go back to through hole :-).

On the no-clean flux, I clean it with IPA (Isopropol Alcohol) you can get at the drug or hardware store.  Do use this stuff in a well ventilated area.  It is hard on the nose.  You'll see then why to switch to organic :-).

I've been thinking, a good TAPR project would be to create a surface mount tool kit.  The contents would be organic flux solder in various sizes, organic flux liquid, despensing bottle, solder wick, and tweezers.  Anything else that should be part of the kit?  What would people like to have?  How much should the kit cost?  Or are there other places that sell these tools in a kit form?

BTW, I have the replacement parts in the mail.  (I assumed your address in the call book was good?)

- Steve N7HPR