[time-freq] Handling 0603 parts

tom_holmes at agilent.com tom_holmes at agilent.com
Wed May 3 18:28:47 UTC 2006

Hi Steve...

I would vote for the SMT Tool kit, and if there is anything that can be added to assist with part removal, that would be great. I think it would expand the potential market, as a lot of folks want to repair equipment or modify their designs, too.

If shipping the flux pens is a problem, we can always tell people what to order from D-K. It may be possible to ship them if the quantity involved is below some limit, or there is some consideration in the packaging that reduces the hazard. What is in the organic stuff--alcohols or the like? Doesn't seem likely if it washes off with soap and water, but that's usually what organic implies to me, hydrocarbons.

Regards,

Tom.

Tom Holmes, N8ZM
RF/Microwave Applications Engineer