[time-freq] State of manuals for RefLock II?

Steven Bible n7hpr at tapr.org
Wed May 10 02:18:21 UTC 2006

Hi Chris,

Yes, you got it.  All the 10K ohm resistors "pull-up" the I/O pin to a logic
1.  When you population the "0" position with a zero ohm resistor (neat how
that works :-), then the CPLD I/O pin is a logic 0.  It's an ago old trick
that's done all the time with jumpers and switched to digital circuitry.

The labeling of the jumpers as R and N and silksreening the binary weighting
factor on the PCB was to mimic the jumpers you would set for the r2_flex_01
code.  But in reality, the jumpers can be whatever the programmer wants them
to be.  So it is important that you consult the *.txt and *.pin files that
Luis includes with the respective *.pof file to know what jumpers do what.
So don't worry too much about what the PCB silkscreen says.

You are correct that the Reflock II is generic.  That is the beauty of what
Luis was trying to tell people in his paper about the Reflock I.  The
Reflock II improves upon the Reflock I in a larger CPLD and options (signal
condition, selectable VTUNE range, serial interface, GPS interface, and
jumpers).  We have a lot to thank Luis for in his Reflock designs.  They are
quite flexible and powerful.

73,

- Steve, N7HPR
 (n7hpr at tapr.org)