[time-freq] State of manuals for RefLock II?

Steven Bible n7hpr at tapr.org
Wed May 10 14:57:36 UTC 2006

Hi Chris,

Sure, I can send them to you.  No problem.

The power to the Reflock II should be 13.5 VDC on to P1.  Then you can pick
off +12, +5, and +3.3 volts for any external power needs.  For example, on
one set up I have a 100 MHz VCXO that I power from the 3.3V.  On another
setup I power the HP 10811 OCXO from +12V.  So the three voltages are
convinent places to get voltage from.  The regulators are beefy enough to
handle most loads.  For whatever set up that one makes, do make sure that
you are within the current limits of the regulators.  All three regulators
are cascaded.  The 12V regulator is a LM1085IS-12 and it can handle 3 amps.
The 5 and 3.3 volt regulators are LM1086 series and they can handle 1.5 amps
each.  Keep in mind that there's not a lot of heat sinking.  They are beefy
so that they run cool with relatively low current demands.

Currently, the serial interface is only implemented in the 1PP Enhanced code
that Luis has written.  It out puts a number once per second that tells of
the health of the lock.

73,

- Steve, N7HPR
 (n7hpr at tapr.org)