[time-freq] Announcing the TADD-3 Pulse Distribution Amplifier

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Wed May 17 16:53:36 UTC 2006

Hi Chris --

You have valid points.  I think it's mainly that the projects were
conceived independently with different end goals in mind.  The TADD-2
was actually the first of the TADD kits to be thought of; the others got
ahead of it for a number of reasons, including my own inexperience at
doing work with programmable devices.

A Reflock driving a TADD-3 would be a perfectly suitable combination and
I won't try to talk you out of it.

I was probably misremembering the price of the Reflock when I threw out
the pricing comment.  One downside of the Reflock for many people is the
fact that it's fairly fine pitch surface mount.  The TADD-2 will be
through-hole using a CPLD that comes in a 44 pin PLCC (hope I got that
right; I'm away from my datasheets) package.  It's too early to tell on
its pricing, but I expect it will be in the range of the TADD-1, or
possibly somewhat cheaper, depending on what we find when we look at
volume pricing for the parts.

John
----