[time-freq] Re: Announcing the TADD-3 Pulse Distribution Amplifier

Christopher Hoover ch at murgatroid.com
Thu May 18 02:43:46 UTC 2006

> I was wondering, could you do what you need for the TADD-2 with the
>  RefLock II platform? That's a PLL only because of the configuration
> file loaded into it. Otherwise, it looks like it could do a divider
> pretty easily.

You are absolutely right regarding the basic functionality.  I sent out a
RefLock II conf file with source code to this list about a month or so ago
that does 10 MHz down to 1 pps.  I cranked that out one evening because I
needed it and RefLock II was an easy platform to put it on.

Unfortunately RefLock II does't have the multitude of outputs (and output
flavors) that TADD-2 will have.

(I don't have issue with SMT -- in fact I much prefer it to t/h -- but I do
think we should stick 0603 and up for RCL.)

BTWl, I've been working with John on TADD-2.  The design is such that it
will be possible to take the VHDL source we have -- and with a small bit of
work -- adapt it to get one of the outputs on RefLock II.

If I have anything to say about it, the source code for TADD-2 will be
released under GPL or similar license.

-ch