[time-freq] RE: time-freq Digest, Vol 7, Issue 10

Christopher Hoover ch at murgatroid.com
Fri May 19 21:43:45 UTC 2006

> Actually, I wouldn't be apposed to added these features you mention
> on future Reflock II revisions.  Can you give me an idea of what is
needed?

John (N8UR) originally conceived the project, so I hope he'll speak up and
give his opinions.

As far as I know there is no formal marketing requirement document (MRD).

Here are my two cents:

The input sections to Reflock II are quite nice.  If you were going to do a
bigger board, another of those inputs would be welcome.

It would be nice to be able to input drive a few of the CPLD inputs
directly.  If the CPLD can do it and the pins are chosen carefully, it would
be great to be able to support diff psuedo ECL -- is not uncommon on find
this on high quality frequency references, especially on telco gear.

The main thing Reflock II needs is more outputs.  The common case we're
discussing is this: an input of 10 MHz (from your house standard) and
outputs from a selection of 5 MHz, 1 MHz, 100 KHz, 10 KHz, 1 KHz, 100 Hz, 10
Hz, 1 Hz and 1 PPS (i.e. not 50% duty cycle).

Six or so outputs would be plenty, as long as there is a convenient
configuration mechanism (e.g., smt dip switches).

Output flavors of interest include 1 Vpp into 50Z, TTL, perhaps RS232
levels, perhaps diff PECL.  We could live with just good 1 Vpp into 50Z
ouputs with fast rise times.  E.g., the RS232 levels can happen on TADD-3.

-- christopher.