[time-freq] State of manuals for RefLock II?

Luis Cupido cupido at mail.ua.pt
Sat May 20 01:00:33 UTC 2006

Hi Folks,

I tried to have all the necessary info of each configuration
in the corresponding txt file. In fact it seems that all is there
as most of questions and doubts were solved with that info
so far as I didn't have to correct/amend any of those
files since release.

BUT... I strongly agree that the information there is presented
without any kind of support for those that are not used
to this way of specifying devices or for some reason could not
have a clear notion of a small detail, and that is sufficient for
not progressing.

In my opinion what is missing is that each version has
a configuration manual instead with sentences explaining what is
what and examples of configurations etc.

That is not exactly the manual that we are waiting since the
manual is for the reflock II hardware and that can't possibly
cover all the CPLD configurations. And that is about done
if I understood it correctly.

In my usual style of asking for collaboration... Any takers for
the job, I'll do all the revision work to insure it is correct.
Anyone that would transform the txt files in a proper text with
examples, pictures with jumper positions, tables with configurations,
explanation of each signal etc. would be helping a lot.

Any takers ?

Luis Cupido.
CT1DMK