[time-freq] After staring at te TADD-1 schematic for a while ....

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Fri Sep 8 14:01:07 UTC 2006

Thanks for the thoughts, Chris.  I'm becoming convinced that going to an
inverting amplifier, at least for the first stage, might be the right
thing to do for the next rev of the board (by the way, we've sold the
first 50 units we kitted, and are now starting to kit up the remaining
~50 boards; when those are gone we'll be able to make modest revisions
in the design).

Frankly, the current circuit is an evolved copy of one I found
elsewhere, and the non-inverting configuration worked well enough in my
initial tests.  When changing to an inverting circuit was proposed
later, it would have required fairly significant changes to the board
layout, and at that time we were struggling with some other stability
problems, so we elected not to do the redesign then.

So, we'll definitely revisit this prior to the next spin of the boards.

Thanks,

John
----