[time-freq] What Use Clock-Block?

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Wed Apr 25 01:43:17 UTC 2007

K&J Aggett said the following on 04/24/2007 08:02 PM:

> "Does anyone have any idea of the in-practice 'best result' of a system
> with Clock-Block compared to that of one without?"

http://www.febo.com/time-freq/ntp/stats/index.html

I'm a little hesitant to point you to this link right now because I just
reconfigured and restarted things (and will probably be tinkering more
over the next week or two), but these are plots showing the performance
of a small herd of Clock-Block stabilized NTP servers -- three boxes,
each hooked to a different radio reference clock (GPS, WWVB, and
LORAN-C) and with a clock synthesized from that same radio source via a
disciplined oscillator and a Clock-Block.  They are being monitored by a
fourth unit that gets its clock and PPS from a Cesium standard.
There's also a link to statistics for some Stratum 2 servers that are
not running with Clock-Block or any other tricks.