[time-freq] Linux PPS and FreeBSD issues

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 03:13:47 UTC 2007

On Dec 29, 2007 9:45 PM, Bdale Garbee <bdale at gag.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-12-28 at 21:36 -0500, Gregg Levine wrote:
>
> > I'll know more as my activities progress. I'll probably end up
> > ordering the Soekris boards that are described on the PHK website RSN.
>
> FWIW, my current GPS-synced stratum-1 is a dusty Pentium II system
> running Debian with local builds of kernel 2.4.29+PPSkit-2.1.5 and
> ntp-4.2.0.  Installed in August of 2005, freshened to latest Debian
> stable userspace once in a while, but mostly just sits there keeping
> time...
>
> Bdale

Hello!
I see.
So then there is hope for what I am doing after all. I'm just going to
need to configure a machine much like yours, but not running that
distribution as it happens for what I've got planned. (No space for
it, but still being planned.)

Private to Bdale: are you related to the fellow that the airbase in
Boosier City LA is named after? He was a test pilot with a strong
engineering background at the time it happened...... (This presupposes
that the base is still open.....)
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
"This signature was once found posting rude
 messages in English in the Moscow subway."