[time-freq] Revised TADD-1 Manual uploaded

Stan Salek ssalek at h-e.com
Mon Feb 12 21:54:19 UTC 2007

John,

Thanks for the revised TADD-1 manual.  One other thing that I
discovered some time ago relates to the optional bandpass filter.
For the 10 MHz filter, the winding instructions (27 turns of No. 24
ga. on a T50-2 core = 14.5uH) appear to be incorrect.  I wound that
inductor and measured it at 3.5uH.  After rechecking the turns
calculations (see http://www.see.ed.ac.uk/~jwp/radio/
design_toroid.html for a decent Java-based online toroid calculator),
you really need 54 turns on a T50-2 to get 14.5uH, which also means
you need to use thinner (about No. 30 ga.) wire.

  73,

Stan NJ6E