[time-freq] clock blocks

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Thu Jan 4 02:31:49 UTC 2007

John Ackermann N8UR said the following on 01/03/2007 09:08 PM:
> Dammit.
>
>>From the one assembled unit I have, it appears that J3 and J4 are
> installed backwards, and J2 and DC input J1 are correct.  Each of the 4
> connectors is *supposed* to have pin 2 as ground, and pin 1 as hot.  I
> defined pin 1 as the one at the left when looking at the connector from
> the front (with the locking tab at the rear).  Based on that definition,
> it appears that J3 (RF Out) and J4 (DIV Out) have been installed backwards.

Sorry... the above is misleading.  To clarify:

If you look at the Molex connector from the front, with the locking tab
at the rear, ground is supposed to be on the left pin and RF/DC+ on the
right pin.  That's what we've tried to define as the TAPR "standard" for
using those connectors.

It makes sense to call the left pin "pin 1" and the right pin "pin 2"
but unfortunately, the pin numbering on the schematic is the reverse --
it shows ground as pin 2.

According to the TAPR convention, J1 and J2 are installed correctly, and
J3 and J4 are reversed.