[time-freq] Re: clock blocks (John Ackermann N8UR)

Christopher Hoover ch at murgatroid.com
Thu Jan 4 18:11:11 UTC 2007

> If you look at the Molex connector from the front, with the locking tab
> at the rear, ground is supposed to be on the left pin and RF/DC+ on the
> right pin.  That's what we've tried to define as the TAPR "standard" for
> using those connectors.

> It makes sense to call the left pin "pin 1" and the right pin "pin 2"
> but unfortunately, the pin numbering on the schematic is the reverse --
> it shows ground as pin 2.

According to Molex, circuit #1 on the male connector is the leftmost pin
when the locking tab is at the rear.

My humble suggestion is to not stuff J1-J4 and JP1.   For J1-J4, that leaves
the option to solder coax directly to the board.  As for JP1, if you tap a
5V regulated supply, you need to wire power to pin 2 of JP1.

-ch