[time-freq] Introduction, I'm getting late into the GPS disciplined oscillator game...

John Ackermann N8UR jra at febo.com
Sun Jan 7 19:01:35 UTC 2007

David Garnier said the following on 01/07/2007 01:47 PM:

> _Questions_. Concerning the operation the Oncore UT+ receiver's Traim.
> 1) In your experience, what setting of Traim works well for you?  (I'm
> using a setting of 5.)
> 2) What's the typical Negative Sawtooth "swing" you are seeing? (I'm
> seeing a 42 nS to -42 nS swing.)

Hi Dave -- I can't help with the TRAIM settings, but the +/-42ns is
right for an Oncore of that vintage.  The sawtooth range is bound by the
speed of the clock (because it represents granularity in placing the PPS
pulse on a clock edge) and a 12 MHz clock yields 84 nanosecond granularity.

> I gotta run, thanks for your time.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave Garnier - wb9own

You and I knew each other way in the dim, dark past -- I used to be WB9OWI.