[time-freq] Fwd: Using Reflock II on modulated oscillator

Doug Bade kd8b at thebades.net
Sun Jan 14 18:02:56 UTC 2007

Hello Group;

	Newbie Doug here...I am looking for a solution and I hope the
Reflock II is one so here is my project need.....

	I would like to discipline a crystal oscillator in a transmitter
which is using analog audio modulation. I am only needing 1ppm
accuracy ( analog simulcast of 1200 baud modem tones). The
Transmitter is a GE Mastr II, I have choices of FM or PM modulation.
As the tomes are symetrical I assume frequency excursions would be
more or less symetrical in any long frame sampling and therefor
irrelevant..?? I am concerned that the sampling period would be too
long for a short term stability oscillator as in the Mastr II..
Normally this oscillator cannot maintain much better than a few hz by
itself over the short term...

	Can the Reflock II sample fast enough to maintain 10ppm in this type
of implementation?? If so I wish to acquire 2 for testing asap, but
do not wish to spend funds if it is not within the scope of the
device... I am not able to find much information detailing time
integration capabilities of the Reflock II..

	Thanks for any input and any comments of alternate options would be useful..

	The intent is VHF Simulcast overlay on a non simulcast but varactor
compensated transmitter... albeit Phase Modulated of True FM....
depending on which is a better choice...
	My sampling is probably going to need to be at the fundamental....
in the 12 mhz region.....

Doug Bade
KD8B -ex KB8GVQ