[time-freq] Reflock II programming??

Christopher T. Day CTDay at LBL.Gov
Sun Mar 25 18:52:55 UTC 2007

Russ,

Actually, since I was just doing this for someone else, I think what you
would need is an R divisor of 50, 10MHz/50 = 200kHz, and N divisor of
960, 192MHz/960 = 200kHz. This would give up a comparison frequency of
200kHz which is above the cutoff of the loop filter, which is 100kHz,
i.e., the filter should work fine since you're after the "DC" component.

However, the jumpers for R do not correspond directly to the division
ratio. They only select one of a discrete set of predefined divisors.
Setting the R jumpers to 100b selects a divisor of 50.

Luis can correct me if I'm wrong, but the N jumpers need to be set to
the N divisor minus 1 for the r2_flex_01 configuration. Hence, the
jumpers need to be set to 1110111111b.

In addition, you need to select the comparator that is fed to the LPF;
you will want a jumper at the PD1 position.

	Chris - AE6VK

P.S. - Contact me off list as I could program this for you.

-----Original Message-----
From: kb8u vhf [mailto:kb8u_vhf at hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2007 11:29 AM
To: time-freq at lists.tapr.org
Subject: [time-freq] Reflock II programming??

I have a 10Mhz OCXO and want to connect it to a DownEast Microwave weak
signal source (a 192 Mhz oscillator with some multipliers to 1152 MHz +
harmonics out).  Somewhere I have a bookmark to a mod. to convert the
192
crystal oscillator to a VCXO (I haven't dived into that yet).

I built the TAPR kit of the Reflock II but I'm not sure of the next
steps
neede to make it tick.

Can someone point me to an inexpensive JTAG programmer and software?  Or

better yet, is there some kind soul I could ship it to that would be
willing
it program it for a nominal fee?  I'd prefer not to buy something and
spend
the time learning how to use it for just one part one time.

How about setting the jumpers?  I think for 10 and 192 Mhz I need R=5
and
N=96, yes?  Any other jumpers to set?

Thanks, Russ KB8U

P.S. sorry if this has been covered in the past, the web page to search
the
archives of this email list is broken.