[time-freq] motorola oncore not locking to the 1 pps

Geert Stams pa3csg at gmail.com
Sat May 5 14:13:23 UTC 2007

Hello!

I have a motorola oncore GPS receiver which I am trying to get working
with a reflock version one.
I am sure that the reflock circuit is working. But the unit will not
lock to the 1pps for an unknown reason. Well not completely unknown......

Checking the GPS receiver with the winoncore software shows satellites
and nmea data on the screen. But only when switched to the NMEA
protocol. Nothing in the motorola protocol. Checking the options /
timing  button it shows the 1PPS being always switched "off" Problem is
that I am not able to switch it on. It will return immediately to the
"off" status when clicking the options / timing button.

Is this the case of a partly broken GPS receiver? Or am I doing
something (terrible stupid) wrong?

Looking forward in hearing your opinion.

Have a nice weekend!

Kind regards,

Geert Stams (pa3csg)