[time-freq] TADD-2 Initial checkout current draw...

Dave hartzell hartzell at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 23:14:19 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm going through the initial checkout and the documentation says that the
initial current draw (with NO ICs install) should be less than 15 mA.

I see a draw of about 30 mA, which I confirmed with two meters.  The 5v and
10v rails are fine.  No smoke was released.

This doesn't seem like a "short" or a fault condition, but is twice what
the documentation states.  My gut says that this is OK and I'm inclined to
proceed.

Just curious...

Also, Step 3 of "Initial Test -- 2" says to measure the 5v bus on the
cathode end of D1.  It looks to me like that is an error, as that carries
all +12v of the supply?

Thanks,

Dave
AF6KD