[time-freq] Efratom GPS Antenna

Eric Lemmon wb6fly at verizon.net
Sun Jul 4 21:37:08 UTC 2010

I have a new Efratom GPS timing antenna that I hope to use for a
GPS-disciplined frequency standard.  The antenna itself is a black cone
about the same shape and size as a disposable 10 ounce foam coffee cup.  The
base of the antenna has a sticker that reads:  EFRATOM PN 012003-004 GPS
ANTENNA.  The electrical connection is through a female TNC jack.  The
antenna is mounted with four screws to the top of an aluminum fixture that
has a female N connector on its bottom end.  The antenna and fixture, along
with an Andrew cold-shrink kit and some hardware, are packaged in a foam
tray that has the part number 104545-001.

In order to use this antenna without either damaging it or operating it
inefficiently, I need to know what voltage it is designed to accept.  My
searches on the Internet have been fruitless.  Can anyone on this list share
some details about its specs?

73, Eric Lemmon WB6FLY